Summary Dissolutions

A summary dissolution allows you to get a "divorce" without appearing in court.  You do not get alimony or child support.  Not everyone qualifies for a summary dissolution, so read that section carefully. 
A summary dissolution costs $1250 and takes six months. If you would also like to order a our name change service (passport, birth certificate, security card, and instructions for the DMV) it is an additional $500.00

Do I Qualify for a Summary Dissolution?

In order to qualify for a summary dissolution you must meet the following requirements:

Married/Partnered for Less than Five Years 
You cannot have been married or have been registered domestic partners for more than 5 years on the date you file your Joint Petition for Summary Dissolution of Marriage or Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership;

No Children
You cannot have children together that were adopted, born before or during the marriage or partnership, and neither personcan be currently pregnant;

No Interest in Real Estate 
You cannot own or have an interest in any real estate (house, condominium, rental property, land, or a 1-year lease or option to buy);

Less than $6,000 in Debt
You cannot owe more than $6,000 for debts acquired since the date of your marriage or registration of your domestic partnership (do not count auto loans);

Less than $38,000 in Community Property 
You must have less than $38,000 worth of property acquired during the marriage or domestic partnership (do not count your cars);

Less than $38,000 in Separate Property .
You cannot have separate property worth more than $38,000 (do not count money you owe on the property or auto loans);

No Spousal Support
You must  agree that 1) neither spouse nor domestic partner will ever receive spousal or domestic partner support, and 2) both of you have agreed to division of property and debts.   You must have signed an agreement that divides your property and debts.

Be Residents  
Either you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last 6 months and in the county where you file for summary dissolution for the last three months

How do I order?

You can order by: 

(1) Phone
(2) PayPal, or 
(3) Email.

Order by Phone (831) 471-5293

We are generally available to answer questions from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.

If you would like to speak with us after business hours, just let us know what time to call you back and we will try to call you back at that time.

Before we can represent you, we must make sure our representation will not conflict with one of the California Rules of Professional Responsibility.  Please speak with us before you order.