Ancillary Probates

Oftentimes, the entire contents of a loved one's estate only come to light once they pass away. If they have a comprehensive estate plan, many of the documents such as wills and trusts will reveal assets, creditors and beneficiaries who are located throughout the country and the rest of the world.

I have the skill and knowledge to help you handle any ancillary probate matters that have a California component. My office is committed to providing you customer-oriented and detailed legal assistance for any type of probate matter. If you have questions about an ancillary probate matter, we encourage you to contact us today.

I accept all major credit cards and PayPal.

Our office can help you regardless of where you reside, if you have to deal with an asset that is located in California that is part of a loved one's estate. If the main probate is being handled in another state, we can coordinate with that attorney to make sure the asset in California is handled properly. This may include liquidating the asset and paying the appropriate beneficiaries, while also ensuring the transaction is accurately reported to the probate court in the state where the main probate is being handled.

I also help people who are located out of state and have a loved one who has passed away in Santa Cruz, Humboldt or Mendocino Counties. I can handle every step of the probate process for you. If the whole estate does not have many assets or issues, I can file the small estate declaration on your behalf as well as any appearances. This can save you the time and money of having to come to California to deal with these issues.

It is important to note that for ancillary probate matters, the attorney fees are dictated by the State of California Probate Code. A referee will value the assets that are located in California and then determine the fees based on these calculations.

I am always compliant with these statutes and I am here to answer any questions you may have concerning fees or any other ancillary probate issue you need assistance with completing correctly.